Animation featured in Carroll County Exhibits

0

For anyone looking for something fun to do in the New Year, they will need to visit two new exhibits in Carroll County. Everything revolves around the art of animation. The exhibits give visitors a behind-the-scenes look at the early days of Disney and Pixar. “So it’s ‘Icons of American Animation’, and it spans the 20th century with 150 original animation pieces,” said Robert Lemieux, associate professor of film communication at McDaniel College. This is a rare opportunity at the Rice Gallery inside Peterson Hall at McDaniel College to view some of what is considered to be the world’s largest collection of animated art. or our adulthood where everyone has a favorite character from animation history, ”Lemieux said. “Even the casual fan will find something interesting here.” The exhibit comes from a private collector in California. “It’s kind of a tip of the iceberg for his collection, it’s totally amazing, totally amazing,” Lemieux said. Lemieux said of cells to the original designs, you will discover conceptual pieces before they become the movies or animated characters you love. While only 40% of the exhibit takes place at McDaniel College, the remaining 60% is not. far away in Carroll County. Arts Council on Main Street. This is where they have Pixar, starring Toy Story 2. “So you’ll have to go to both places to take it all in,” Lemieux said. Both locations are free and open to the public from January 3 to March 12. A little happiness at the dawn of the new year. “That’s kind of the goal – it’s to put a smile on everyone’s face at a time when I think we kind of need a smile on our face,” Lemieux said. . “Take advantage of it. The opportunity is what I suggest and bring the big smile to your smile because you will be using it.”

For anyone looking for something fun to do in the New Year, they will need to visit two new exhibits in Carroll County.

It’s all in the art of animation. The exhibits give visitors a behind-the-scenes look at the early days of Disney and Pixar.

“So this is ‘Icons of American Animation’, and it covers the 20th century with 150 original animation pieces,” said Robert Lemieux, associate professor of film communications at McDaniel College.

This is a rare opportunity at the Rice Gallery inside Peterson Hall at McDaniel College to view some of what is considered to be the world’s largest collection of animated art.

“It kind of talks about our childhood or adulthood where everyone has a favorite character in animation history,” Lemieux said. “Even the casual fan will find something interesting here.”

The exhibit is from a private collector in California.

“It’s kind of a tip of the iceberg for his collection, it’s totally amazing, totally amazing,” Lemieux said.

Lemieux said that from cells to original designs, you will experience concept pieces before they become the movies or animated characters you love.

While only 40% of the exhibit is at McDaniel College, the remaining 60% is nearby at the Carroll County Arts Council on Main Street. That’s where they got Pixar, with Toy Story 2.

“So you’ll have to go to both sites to figure it all out,” Lemieux said.

Both locations are free and open to the public from January 3 to March 12. A little happiness for the new year.

“That’s kind of the goal – it’s to put a smile on everyone’s face at a time when I think we kind of need a smile on our face,” Lemieux said. . “Take advantage of it. The opportunity is what I suggest and bring the big smile to your smile because you will be using it.”

Share.

Comments are closed.