What are the best “Lion King” shirts?
“The Lion King” is one of the most beloved stories of all time. Disney has brought the story to life twice, first in 1994 with its animated feature film, and then again in 2019, when filmmakers used photo-realistic computer animation to reinvent the film. If you want to show your pride for “The Lion King” you can wear a shirt with your favorite character, scene or saying from the movie. If you are looking for a shirt that will make you feel like the king of the jungle, then the Disney Lion King Pride Land Characters Graphic Tee is your first choice.
What to know before buying a ‘Lion King’ shirt
“The Lion King” has some of the most classic and recognizable characters in all of animation, with distinctive physical characteristics and personalities.
- Simba the shirts showcase the lion in baby, child or adult version. They capture his carefree and daring spirit. They sometimes have sayings from the movie such as “I can’t wait to be king”. Others show a relaxed Simba with the phrase “Live my best life.” Some shirts feature Simba’s rock drawing, along with Rafiki’s famous quote, “Remember Who You Are”. There are also shirts with the 2019 version of Simba.
- Nala the shirts show the lioness as a child or an adult. They often feature inspirational messages like “Queen” and “Lioness Heart”.
- Rafiki the shirts reflect his wisdom and often depict him in a meditative state with sayings such as “Chill Out”, “Positive Vibes Only” and “Namaste”. You can also find him in the classic image of him holding Baby Simba.
- Timon and Pumbaa shirts have one or both characters. They are often printed with their wonderful phrase “Hakuna Matata” or “No worries”. Some of their shirts have sentimental messages like “Best Friends Forever”, but most are silly, with sayings like “I’m not lazy, I’m saving energy” from Pumbaa or Timon in her hula skirt. with: ‘Do you hurt’ for bacon. There’s also a Timon shirt that says, “I’m fluent in sarcasm.”
- Mufasa the shirts tend to be daddy themed, with sayings like “This Dad Rules” and “Best Dad in the Pridelands”.
- Scar the shirts capture his wicked character and evil appearance. Many of them have his signature insult: “I’m surrounded by idiots.”
- Hyena shirts with Shenzi, Banzai and Ed show off their true personalities with their photos and “LOL” printed on them, representing their laughter.
- Simba and Nala while kids and adults are featured on shirts that say “Feel the Love”.
You can find “Lion King” shirts in all styles, including short and long sleeve tees, tank tops, and crew neck and hooded sweatshirts. There are even pocket T-shirts with a little Simba or Timon and Pumbaa sticking out of the pocket. Consider the recipient’s needs based on the climate they live in, as well as their personal style when choosing the type of shirt.
Some shirts feature stunning landscape scenes from the movie, including the beautiful sunrise from the start of the movie. These shirts are a nice change from the cartoon images that are on most shirts.
The characters in 1994 are different from those in 2019, so when purchasing a “Lion King” shirt, be sure to purchase the recipient’s preferred version.
Versions of the Broadway Show
The Broadway musical “The Lion King” has its own line of shirts with artistic representations of the characters. They are ideal for theater fans.
What to look for in a quality ‘Lion King’ shirt
There are “Lion King” shirts for moms, dads and kids. Since one of the biggest themes in the movie is the never-ending bond between dads and sons, there are plenty of daddy shirts out there that feature Mufasa. There are also many options for children.
Many “Lion King” shirts for kids are available in three different character packs or in multiple designs of the same character. This is also true for baby onesies. This makes choosing clothes for a child both fun and practical.
The characters of the “Lion King” celebrate the holiday season with T-shirts and sweatshirts with Christmas sweater patterns. Even Scar is having fun in a shirt that says, “Define Naughty.” There’s also a Scar Halloween shirt that says, “I’m pretty scary without a costume.”
How much you can expect to spend on a “Lion King” shirt
You can expect to spend between $ 12 and $ 25 for a t-shirt and between $ 20 and $ 50 for a sweatshirt. Children’s clothing is generally cheaper. Multiple packs cost more than single shirts.
‘Lion King’ shirt faq
Are there shirts with matching pants?
A. Yes. You can find children’s sets with matching shirts and pants. This is generally not the case for adult sizes.
Is personalization possible on a ‘Lion King’ shirt?
A. Yes. Some companies will print your child’s name on a child-sized shirt. There are many birthday themed shirts that this is possible on.
What are the best “Lion King” shirts to buy?
‘Lion King’ shirt top
Disney Lion King Pride Land Characters Graphic T-Shirt
What would you like to know: This short-sleeved crew-neck t-shirt features all the characters from “The Lion King” and is available in men’s, women’s, junior and youth sizes.
What you will love: You can show your love for “The Lion King” with this shirt which features young Simba, young Nala, Mufasa, Rafiki, Timon, Pumbaa and Scar and the hyenas, Shenzi, Banzai and Ed. Choose from t-shirts in slate, royal blue, white or sky blue cotton or a heather gray cotton / polyester blend.
What you should consider: A few people thought the shirts were a bit small.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon and Kohl’s
‘Lion King’ shirt top for the money
Hakuna Matata Sunset Graphic T-Shirt
What would you like to know: This officially licensed adult size short sleeve crewneck t-shirt features Hakuna Matata’s beautiful sunset scene.
What you will love: This cotton / polyester blend shirt shows Simba, Timon and Pumbaa proudly marching to the tune of their motto “Hakuna Matata”. The shirt is charcoal gray, but Kohl’s also offers options in red heather and athletic heather.
What you should consider: A few people have said that the graphic does not hold up in the washing machine.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon and Kohl’s
Simba and Nala Love T-Shirt
What would you like to know: This officially licensed round neck short sleeve t-shirt is available in men’s, women’s and youth sizes and features young Simba and young Nala looking at each other with love.
What you will love: Can you feel the love tonight? Simba and Nala look into each other’s eyes with the saying “Love will find a way” imprinted below them. Choose from black, navy, asphalt and brown cotton t-shirts or dark heather cotton / polyester.
What you should consider: You may need to wash the shirt before wearing it, as some inks leave an unpleasant odor.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Register here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful advice on new products and great deals.
Lorianne Palinkas written for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.